DUWP Productions Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PROJECT ONE

3 posters

Go down

PROJECT ONE Empty PROJECT ONE

Post  Ryuuen Tanaka Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:28 pm

Since then Pre-Production team is filled, I will issue now the first order of business.

All Story Contributors to submit a one shot (complete story). You are given 2-3 weeks for this task. This is not limited to SCs but the whole team as well, as long as you think that you have a plausible, exciting and interesting story that the team can work on. But stories contributed by the SCs are given more priority.

One Shots are expected to be at least 7 pages to 15 pages the most, in written form (10pt Arial). These must be convert able to 21 to 32 comic pages.

Please post the stories in the Project One thread for evaluation, and chosing. The 1st story project will be chosen by votes. Please post them in individual threads if you have more that one.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THESE HAS TO BE COMPLETE ONE SHOTS
Not just plots, nor summaries.

Chosen story projects will be moved to the Story Archive, and edited for their assigned PR-ED and SW.

You have until May 17 to post your stories. Thank you.
Ryuuen Tanaka
Ryuuen Tanaka
Admin

http://duwp-productions.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

PROJECT ONE Empty PROJECT ONE: Questions and Answers

Post  Ryuuen Tanaka Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:54 pm

Q & A

What is a One Shot?
In the American comic book industry, the term one-shot is used to denote a pilot comic or a stand-alone story created to last as one issue. These single issues are usually labeled with a "#1" despite there being no following issues, and are sometimes subtitled as "specials". On occasion, a character or concept will appear in a series of one-shots, in cases where the subject matter is not financially lucrative enough to merit an ongoing or limited series, but still popular enough to be published on a regular basis, often annually or quarterly. A current example of a series of one-shots would be Marvel Comics' Franklin Richards: Son of a Genius publications. This type of one-shot is not to be confused
with a comic book annual, which is typically a companion publication to an established ongoing series.

In the Japanese manga industry, the same concept is expressed by the term yomikiri (読み切り), which implies that the comic is presented in its entirety without any continuation. One-shot manga tells its entire story in 15-60 pages, usually written for contests, and sometimes later developed into a full-length manga series (much like a television pilot). Many popular manga series that began as one-shot stories includes Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star), Naruto, One Piece, Berserk and Kinnikuman among others. Rising Stars of Manga is an annual competition for original English-language one-shot manga, many of which have gone on to become full-length manga series.

Since the rise in popularity of online posting of prose fiction and poetry, which are often written in short chapters resembling comic book issues, the term "one-shot" has also become popular for describing self-contained works of electronic literature that are only a single chapter in length.

Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-shot_(comics)

What kind of Genre is the One Shot supposed to be?

Any genre is ok. Any genre, we can do.

What format are we going to follow in writing our one shot story(s)?
Please follow the format given here.
Yes, you have to include all character descriptions , and Setting as well.

How long is the story supposed to be?
Seven pages minimum. Fifthteen pages maximum. That is the written format standard that we are pushing. In comic pages terms, one shots or single issues are commonly 18 pages to 24. But we are pushing it to 21 to 32 pages.

Can I post Incomplete stories?
No. This is not a first come, first serve basis. Post your story only when you're done writing and polishing it.
Ryuuen Tanaka
Ryuuen Tanaka
Admin

Back to top Go down

PROJECT ONE Empty Re: PROJECT ONE

Post  Red-Rook Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:31 am

Questions:
1: First off, Can I submit a story with no dialog (I.E. strictly pictures explaining the story)

2: Can the story be written intentionally vague (to leave reinterpretation to the writer or artist) and can I have completely nameless characters?

3: Exactly HOW for written does the submission have to be? I know it has to be a finished Idea but like I stated before, can the details be left vague and open ended to allow interpretation (and of course to allow other people to add or subtract ideas later or during the creation process)?
Red-Rook
Red-Rook

Back to top Go down

PROJECT ONE Empty Answers to Red-Rook's Questions

Post  Ryuuen Tanaka Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:47 am

1: First off, Can I submit a story with no dialog (I.E. strictly pictures explaining the story)
Yes. However, if it's too hard to be turned into a comic script it might get rejected. But you still can. It'll just be a bigger gamble.

2: Can the story be written intentionally vague (to leave reinterpretation to the writer or artist) and can I have completely nameless characters?

3: Exactly HOW for written does the submission have to be? I know it has to be a finished Idea but like I stated before, can the details be left vague and open ended to allow interpretation (and of course to allow other people to add or subtract ideas later or during the creation process)?

For 2 and 3: This is why I didn't give any guidelines on HOW you should write your stories. I'm giving you freedom on what you want to write and submit. Nameless characters are fine, as long as you have enough description to have them drawn and illustrated.
Ryuuen Tanaka
Ryuuen Tanaka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pitoli Thu May 22, 2008 9:25 am

When will we begin voting on the stories for the Project One oneshot?
pitoli
pitoli

http://pitoli.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down